Monday, April 27, 2009

The Get Up Kids



I'm hosting my own little mini-celebration this week. It's mostly in my head, partially on my blog. So therefore, if you're reading this, you're officially part of it. Thanks for joining! In case you couldn't tell already, the celebration is in honor of a little five piece emo-outfit from Kansas called The Get Up Kids.

Their second full length album, 'Something To Write Home About' was the first record I ever bought... well, okay, not counting 'Green Day - Dookie,' but that's like a pre-requisite for life, in general (not the MxPx album... but, yeah, that too.) But I suppose it all started when my friend Karen lent me a tape of an MTV program called 120 minutes back in Junior year of High School. It was on that very tape I caught their video for 'Action & Action'... couple that with the existence of the original Napster, and boom! My life has never been the same.

On friday I am going to see the Get Up Kids for the first time since the Guilt Show tour of... I'm going to throw out the year 2004, but I could be wrong. So, as long as five years! In honor of this tremendous occasion I am listening to every TGUK record in sequence. One a day for the next four days. I started yesterday with the Woodson EP, so I'm sorry if I started without you.

What are you waiting for? You know you have at least one of their CDs. You're not fooling anyone.

-Mo

P.S. oh, and if you're one of those 'everything after 'something to write home about' is crap' kind of people, well then, I don't know if I want you celebrating with me.

1 comment:

Kir said...

I want to celebrate with you!!!