Saturday, April 25, 2009

3:47:45 AM

About twenty minutes ago I was awoken and summoned into the city to take care of a friend who appears to be having a bad brownie experience.

Here's somethings on my mind:

1. I had planned on sleeping through the evening and waking up at 6AM and writing ALL DAY. This plan only seems delayed, though, possibly ruined:

"At least you'll have something to write about" my friend mused, between coughs, and statements like "I just wish this wasn't real life."

2. I was checking orders at work and I had a moment. It was so enlightening that I had to write it on a post-it:

"Remember: 4/23/09 10:45AM... ish. The same day TMNT turned 25. Coincidence?"

What it signifies is the first time in almost eleven months that I thought about my life in the present tense, and didn't drown in "what-ifs."

My buddy Paul told me grief is like someone un-spooling your ball of yarn. It takes forever to wind it back up. It's not as climactic when you get it back together, but try not to feel satisfied. After he said this, he admitted it was not his own, but that of a pamphlet he found at a funeral.

3. Yesterday was the 25th Anniversary of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Complete with an outdoor screening of the original motion picture, as part of the tribeca film festival. The actual turtle-mobile was there, with a museum of 25 years of memorabilia: original action figures, and comics etc. I have pictures... just not here.

4. It's almost 4:00AM now. In about 10, 9, 8, 7, 6....

5. I really hope I don't have to be here till 5:00AM

No comments: