Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A Weekend In The City

I don't usually condone things like this. I have plans after work to specifically deviate from my normal routine of boxed rice-o-roni and facebooking to go into the city to BUY three CDs of artists that deserve my support (Bayside - Shudder, Jenny Lewis - Acid Tounge, etc.) but I feel I need to clear the name of a great band who put out a brilliant disc two years ago.

I said I would discuss the bloc party show, and I will, soon, but it was brilliant. So brilliant that all the attendees that I knew were all like "what happened to them?" "I heard their last disc wasn't very good... or, I didn't even know they had a new disc...:


Bloc Party - A Weekend In The City

This disc is one of my favorites. The lyrics and song writing are so well crafted, and I don't know why the masses panned it.

Catch up. Have a listen. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But if you do, they have a NEW disc coming out at the end of October called Intimacy, which I think is brilliant, if not a bit less accessible than their previous efforts. Cheers.

No comments: