Sunday, July 27, 2008

X


Mulder and Skully ended up being lovers. While it should give nerds like me hope that some day even we can find love, honestly, it was quite a cop-out. To end a series having two completely plutonic characters end up together, out of the blue. Scrubs is going to do that shit with JD and Elliot, and it's going to piss me off.

I saw The X-Files: I Want To Believe this afternoon, after hearing not-so-positive things about it. I won't spoil anything for anyone who hasn't seen it, or are on the fence, but it's on par with a good X-Files episode. Was it worth making into a summer-movie? Probably not. It's pretty low-budge. Not in a quality sense, but in a stakes, and in production reality. I don't see this movie costing anymore than 30 million to make. Much different than it's predecessor.

I was thinking, wouldn't be great if the entertainment industry didn't rely so heavily on big releases, and people like Chris Carter could just make a new episode of the X-Files once a year on Halloween or something? It would always have huge ratings. And rather than give the media chance to spit on your small-scale summer movie, they could praise your high-budget holiday special? I'd be there every year.

Oh... On the way out of the theatre the kid walking in front of me was wearing this...

I couldn't resist being a creep and photographing him while his mother guided him hand-in-hand down the busy manhattan streets. I don't know what "Mo Smells Red" means, but the Truth Is Out There.

No comments: