Sunday, July 27, 2008

Warped Tour 2008



I miss Warped Tour. Anyone who's ever been on it will tell you that's a very hard thing to admit... but I guess not a hard thing to act on, seeing as so many people I know have done several rounds of it.

I went with my buddy Jonathan, who also currently plays bass in Meg & Dia, the most recent band I used to tour manage. We didn't go to see any bands really... Not in the conventional sense. Just to see some old friends. New York is a tough market to live in, knowing that your friendship and admiration can amount to nothing when you're competing with labels and managers. So we aimed low, and didn't attempt to commandeer any attention than we usually take up. 

We did watch one band, just because we kind of ended up in the right place at the right time. The Oreska Band was on the last leg of the tour last year and became Jonathan and my guilty pleasure. Jonathan even went as far as to ask their bass player to hang out with us one day. They are only fluent in Japanese, so he had to ask her out through their translator. She said "yes," according to the translation, but she never showed. Bitch.




I present to you only a minute of All Girl / All Japanese / All Ska. If you end up at warped tour, I would highly suggest checking them out, before they end up on the Disney Channel. That's all I'm saying.

No comments: