Tuesday, September 1, 2009

On Vampires


America's new-found love of Vampires is silly. It has also been adequately satirized in South Park's 12th season finale "The Ungroundables"... There is nothing sexy to me about vampirism. The sexuality that seems to surround "True Blood" and CW's impending debacle "Vampire Diaries" is strangely excessive. Being bitten by a vampire is as romantic to me as Harry Potter flying into your room on a broom stick, or a mustachioed, Italian plumber rescuing you from the clutches of a giant lizard.

That said, Vampire culture is pop-culture, and so is my job. The drawing above is my attempt at Satire, though so-and-so from northern California will likely find little amusing about my drawing. Such is life. At least the girls in my office thought it was funny.

1 comment:

Kir said...

I think its funny but I wholeheartedly disagree about your stance on the sexiness of vampires. Though, since you are a guy I kinda understand it. Woman want to be respected and at the same time totally ravaged by a sexy man and if he is so into you he'll suck you blood? All the better.

Oh, and Alexander Skarsgard is beyond hot. Vampire or not.